Tuesday 29 October 2013

Ter Stegen shrugs off Barcelona rumours

Ter Stegen shrugs off Barcelona rumours
The young goalkeeper is fully focused on his Borussia Monchengladbach duties, despite reports linking him with a move to Camp Nou
Marc-Andre ter Stegen has offered a lukewarm response to reports he could be the man to replace Victor Valdes at Barcelona.

Valdes, 31, has announced his decision to leave the club when his contract expires in the summer of 2014, with a host of potential replacements linked with the soon to be vacant post.

But the Germany goalkeeper, who has only kept two clean sheets in Borussia Monchengladbach's opening 10 Bundesliga fixtures this season, insists his head has not been turned by the speculation.

"I don't know, right now I'm focused on Borussia, which is the most important thing for me," he told Catalan newspaper Sport.

"I owe this club, which I've followed since I was little and this now is the main thing.

"It's nice to hear that interest exists, but that's all I can say at the minute. I'm happy to be in Monchengladbach and we'll see what happens.

"What has to happen will happen. I'm preparing every day to be the best goalkeeper I can and try to take it day by day."

The 21-year-old was also quick to acknowledge that if he were to head to Barcelona, he would be filling the gloves of one of the world's greatest goalkeepers.

"Victor is one of the best keepers in the world," he added. "He's done a great job at Barca for many years.

"The club is one of the biggest clubs in the world. It is one of the giants of Europe. A club with a distinctive culture."

No comments:

Post a Comment