Saturday 14 December 2013

Thiago Alcantara: I want to be the best like Ronaldinho

Thiago Alcantara: I want to be the best like Ronaldinho


The 22-year-old Spain international has admitted that he still looks up to the former Ballon d'Or winner, whom he could face in the upcoming Fifa Club World Cup

 
Thiago Alcantara has revealed that his goal is to be the best player in the world - just like his "childhood idol" Ronaldinho.

The Spain international is currently proving his worth to Bayern Munich, after joining the reigning European champions from Barcelona during the summer for a reported €25 million.

A shock midweek defeat to Manchester City aside, Bayern have been in dominant form so far this season and next week travel to Morocco for the Fifa Club World Cup, a tournament in which Thiago hopes to come face to face with Atletico Mineiro's former Ballon d'Or winner, Ronaldinho.

"He was my childhood idol," the 22-year-old enthused in an interview with Bild. "I admired him. I still do. It would be special to play against him. He was and is a showman.

"For me , football is fun. I love to win the ball, to play the perfect pass and to be the best. There is no room for fear."

Thiago Added that former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola has played a key role in his smooth integration into the Bayern machine, while also paying tribute to the club's president, Uli Hoeness, and CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

"They were really attentive during my recent injury, asking me how the rehab was going," the midfielder explained. "The mere fact that the bosses enquire as to how I'm doing makes happy.

"Pep, I got to know him as a young player [at Barcelona] and felt like he's always counting on me. He also takes care of everything. He is always there."

No comments:

Post a Comment