Thursday 30 January 2014

BEAKING NEWS: Everton style attracted me, says Lacina Traore

Everton style attracted me, says Lacina Traore
The Ivorian turned down the likes of West Ham to move to Goodison Park on loan and revealed that the commitment to a passing game under Roberto Martinez helped to sway him


Everton striker Lacina Traore says that he chose to join the club on loan because of the style of football played under manager Roberto Martinez.

The 23-year-old moved to Goodison Park on a temporary deal from Ligue 1 side Monaco earlier in January, despite interest from West Ham, among others.

"There were other clubs interested but Everton were there and they had a good possibility of getting into Europe," Traore told the press.

  "I like the style of play and the technical side, which is played here at Everton. Also, I looked at where they are in the league, so I think with that emphasis on skill and passing game I can settle in as quickly as possible.

"When I first found out Monaco wanted to loan me, as soon as I found it, was the English league I dreamed of playing in. It's a league which gets lots of top players and gets a lot of media coverage throughout the world and it's a dream to be here."

Traore also suggested that he could remain at Goodison Park past the end of the current season and stated his ambition to challenge for a spot in the Ivory Coast's World Cup squad.

"I do belong to Monaco but it's a loan for six months so it's a case of looking where we are at the end of the season," he added. "I'm here to work hard and it's important I get some game time. I want to perform at my top level.

"The World Cup is looming and all players involved will be wanting a chance to get there."

No comments:

Post a Comment