Thursday 30 January 2014

Sergio Ramos: I've kept my will to win

 Sergio Ramos: I've kept my will to win
The Real Madrid star made his professional debut 10 years ago and says he still has all the same hunger and desire as when he first burst onto the scene
  
Real Madrid centre-back Sergio Ramos says his desire to win matches has not dulled in the 10 years since he made his professional debut.

The 27-year-old first came onto the scene as a teenager at Sevilla and rapidly solidified his reputation as one of Europe's leading defenders.

The Spain star says he still enjoys every day of work and is delighted with what he has achieved since signing for Real Madrid in the summer of 2005.

"What remains of the kid at Sevilla is the same dream of always wanting to win. I still have that today," he told Marca.

"I wake up every day with a smile and, in that sense, I feel the same as I did when I arrived at Real Madrid in 2005.

"Then, I was a boy who came to conquer the world and looked forward to achieving great goals. Today, I've achieved many of them.

"The 10 years have gone by very quickly because I have enjoyed it. I wake up every day with tremendous enthusiasm."

Ramos has made almost 400 appearances for Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment