Thursday 27 February 2014

Van Persie: Manchester United are lousy

Van Persie: Manchester United are lousy
The Netherlands international, who recently admitted he had been forced to adapt his game to suit his team-mates, has now ridiculed the Red Devils' showings this term

Manchester United striker Robin van Persie has slammed the club's form this season after suffering yet another disappointing slip-up, this time against Olympiakos.

The Red Devils, who sit 11 points adrift of fourth place in the Premier League, lost 2-0 in Athens and had only one shot on target, while the Dutch frontman blazed over his only chance of the match.

And now Van Persie, who has already criticised his team-mates after the Champions League last-16 tie, has hit out at the club's “lousy” form and showed little sign of optimism that United could arrest their current slump.

 “We are lousy — in a lousy position in the league, out of the cups and this (Champions League tie against Olympiakos) looks a difficult one also,” the 30-year-old is quoted as saying in The Sun.

“We are very disappointed. It’s a tough season.”

Van Persie has scored 14 goals in 22 matches for United this season, with his campaign disturbed by injuries, and recently admitted that his team-mates are making it “difficult” for him, forcing the Dutchman to adapt his game.

“Sometimes I try to find ways to do more but in the areas I wanted to play, my team-mates were often there. This makes it difficult for me,” Van Persie told NOS.

“Then I have to change my tactics to suit my team-mates, and play outside my zone. It's a pity.

“We played too slow and could therefore create little.

“I rushed that shot. That's a shame because I don't get a lot of chances so when you get one, you have to score.”

No comments:

Post a Comment