Monday 24 March 2014

Seedorf: AC Milan on the right track

 Seedorf: AC Milan on the right track
The Dutchman feels the San Siro side are slowly getting back on their feet and has laughed off rumours that he is in danger of losing his job

Clarence Seedorf believes AC Milan are on the right track following their 1-1 Serie A draw against Lazio at the Stadio Olimpico on Sunday.

Milan have endured a torrid recent run of form, tumbling out of the Champions League and losing their last four in all competitions before this weekend's visit to the Italian capital.

They ended their losing run against Lazio, though, and Seedorf was satisfied with the Rossoneri's performance.

"They showed that they are a compact group who want to go forward. They helped each other out throughout the game and it's a shame we didn't get all three points," Seedorf told Sky Sport Italia.

"It is a crisis when a coach is fired, so I had to get the group back on track and in that sense I am satisfied with how we have progressed.

"We always try to give our best in terms of performance and style, but at this moment in time it is more important to be solid, effective and allow few scoring opportunities to our opponents. If we do that, then we can build game by game.

"The players are working very hard in training to improve and emerge from this situation. Tonight the result was another positive step forward."

Seedorf then went on to swat away suggestions that his job is on the line.

"I was glad to see a reaction and character from the squad and club. In my press conference I also pointed out that I never received any of the indications from the president or CEO that I had a deadline or any of the other things written this past week.

"I remain with the indications I received when I signed the contract. I am enjoying the experience, when it comes to the daily work, training and being with the players. I am growing every day."

No comments:

Post a Comment