Sunday 16 March 2014

Song: If I leave Barcelona it will be for Premier League return

Song: If I leave Barcelona it will be for Premier League return
The Cameroon midfielder left Arsenal in August 2012 for the Catalan giants, but is yet to cement a place in the first team at Camp Nou

Alex Song has suggested he will move to a Premier League club when his time at Barcelona comes to an end.

The former Arsenal midfielder left the Emirates Stadium for Camp Nou during the summer transfer window in 2012 after seven years in north London.

But the Cameroon international, who has started just three league games for Barca since the turn of the year, is keen to eventually return to England.

"If I leave Barcelona it will be to return to the Premier League," the midfielder told beIN Sport.

"I will return to England one day, that's for sure."

Song also sang the praises of Arsenal and Gunners manager, Arsene Wenger, but indicated a switch to "the best side in the world" was too good to turn down.

Song added: "He [Wenger] was like a father to me. He spoke a lot with me when I arrived to Arsenal.

"I wanted to renew my contract with Arsenal but in that case I would have regretted not joining Barcelona. Barcelona are the best side in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment