Friday 6 June 2014

Ince rejects Inter switch in favour of Premier League return

Ince rejects Inter switch in favour of Premier League return
The former Blackpool and Crystal Palace winger has snubbed an opportunity to move to San Siro as he wants another spell with an English top-flight outfit

Tom Ince has rejected the chance to join Inter as he looks to continue his career in the Premier League.
The 22-year-old former Liverpool trainee recently played in the English top flight with Crystal Palace, making eight appearances and scoring one goal for the Eagles while on loan from Blackpool last season.

The midfielder was heavily tipped to follow in his father Paul's footsteps by moving to Inter but while Ince still harbours ambitions to play in Europe at some point, at present he is looking to continue his development in England.

"After lengthy discussions with my family I have decided that my immediate future in the game lies in the Premier League," the winger told reporters.

"I am flattered to have received such strong interest from several big European clubs. But I believe at this early stage of my career I need to continue my football education in England.

"I would like to thank the clubs overseas for their interest and kindness. I still have ambitions to one day play in Europe.

"I am now looking forward to what lies ahead next season."

The England Under-21 international could join any European outfit for free, however any English club looking to secure his services may have to pay up to €6 million in compensation to Blackpool.

sources by

No comments:

Post a Comment