Tuesday 10 June 2014

It's good to play in a World Cup but winning is even better,' says Pogba

'It's good to play in a World Cup but winning is even better,' says Pogba
The France midfielder hopes that victory in Brazil is not beyond him and his team-mates, and has set his sights on a successful tournament in the heart of the Bleus' midfield

Paul Pogba has not abandoned hope of France emulating their 1998 World Cup success in Brazil, and has revealed his desire to make an impact this summer.

The 21-year-old has established himself as one of Europe's most promising young players after impressing in Juventus' midfield last season, scoring seven goals in 36 league games as the Bianconeri secured the Serie A title.

Pogba, who already has ten senior caps to his name, intends to do whatever he can to ensure the Bleus are competitive and do more than simply make up the numbers in Brazil.

"I've begun to realise my dream," he told L'Equipe, when asked about making Didier Deschamps' squad.

"I'm happy, proud of myself, but it is not finished. It's good to play a World Cup but winning would be even better. I hope we will go very far.

"I do not feel like an undisputed first-teamer; I just feel like a France player. My role is to give my maximum, to give everything I have. To play my football, that's all."

Pogba has allegedly attracted interest from the likes of Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain, but the midfielder insists he is focused only on his own progress and development.

"Raising my game, that's what I hope to achieve," he continued.

"I work to be the best possible. After that, I know my game. People think I'm lazy, that I play without effort. But that's what my football has been like since I was little. This does not prevent me from being focused. I do my best, always.

"I'll never be a star. I love football. I give my life to football. After that, if I can enjoy myself, I'll be happy."

France face Honduras on Sunday in Porto Alegre to kick off their World Cup campaign.

sources by

No comments:

Post a Comment