Tuesday 21 July 2015

Cambiasso confirms Leicester exit

 Cambiasso confirms Leicester exit
The Argentine has decided not to renew his deal after a one-season spell with the Foxes and has paid tribute to the fans who he says made him feel
proud to be part of the club

Esteban Cambiasso has confirmed he will not be returning to Leicester City following the expiry of his contract.

The midfielder moved to the King Power Stadium from Inter in August 2014, signing a one-year deal, and after an impressive season was voted Leicester’s Player of the Year by the club’s supporters.

New manager Claudio Ranieri, who worked with Cambiasso at San Siro, was keen for the 34-year-old to stay but must now look for his replacement.

"I would like to announce that I have decided not to renew my contract with Leicester City," the midfielder confirmed on Facebook.

"I have taken this decision only 24 hours after receiving the proposal from Leicester because I want to give the club as much time as possible to find an alternative.

"I would like to thanks all the fans who last season made me feel proud to be part of a club with an unforgettable spirit and energy.

"And a very special thanks to all my team mates, staff and every people of the club, with whom I have lived one of the most important years of my career, crowned with the remaining EPL status.

"Many thanks to everyone, keeping you all for ever in my heart. Leicester City Football Club."

Source by
SportGigs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment