Thursday 23 July 2015

Official: Crystal Palace sign Alex McCarthy from QPR

 http://www.qpr.co.uk/cms_images/player/alex-mccarthy-signs-64064-1884517_613x460.jpg
The 25-year-old goalkeeper has signed a four-year contract with Alan Pardew's side after the Eagles activated his release clause

Crystal Palace have completed the signing of Alex McCarthy from relegated QPR.

The 25-year-old goalkeeper has signed a four-year contract with the Eagles after his release clause was activated.

“I’m over the moon. When I first heard about Palace’s interest I was excited because I really wanted to be back in the Premier League,” McCarthy told Palace’s official website.

“Towards the end of last season I started hearing little inklings about a move and then gradually over the summer things progressed and now, here I am.

“Every time I’ve played at Palace the atmosphere has been brilliant; the fans are excellent and they’re so passionate about their club.  I’m really excited to be here.”

McCarthy joined QPR last summer and made four appearances last season as the club suffered relegation from the Premier League.

No comments:

Post a Comment