Monday 20 July 2015

Sterling denies calling in sick to Liverpool training

 Sterling denies calling in sick to Liverpool training
The England international twice missed training in the week before his £49m move to Manchester City, but he insists that he was suffering from a genuine illness

Raheem Sterling has denied twice calling in sick for Liverpool training before his £49 million move to Manchester City.

The 20-year-old England international completed his transfer to the Etihad Stadium last week - for a fee that makes him the most expensive English player in history - following a long-running saga over his future.

Sterling missed two days of training in his final week at the club, with many suggesting that his absences were designed to force through a transfer.

But Sterling has now rebuffed such talk and insists that he was suffering from a genuine illness, and says that it was the Liverpool doctor who prevented him from joining his team-mates on the training pitch.

"Everyone thought I threw a sick note in. I was in training on the Tuesday - in the changing room my stomach started hurting. I still went out and trained though," he told the Manchester Evening News.

"That day I went home, and I told the doc I was ill. My stomach was rumbling and I had diarrhoea.

"The doctor just said to me you can't be around the other players. For the next 48 hours, I stayed at home.

"That's what the club doctor told me to do. When that 48 hours was done I came back to training as normal."

Source by
SportGigs

No comments:

Post a Comment