Monday 17 August 2015

Douglas Costa is Bayern Munich's special weapon, says Robben

 Douglas Costa is Bayern Munich's special weapon, says Robben
The Netherlands winger had words of encouragement for the former Shakhtar Donetsk star, who is loving life at the Bundesliga champions so far

Bayern Munich star Arjen Robben has heaped praise on Douglas Costa in the wake of their 5-0 Bundesliga win over Hamburg on Friday.

The Brazil international impressed on his league debut for the reigning champions as he scored once as well as setting up Thomas Muller's strike.

Robben was impressed with the 24-year-old's performance and has little doubt he will prove to be a fine addition for Bayern.

"He's a talent," the Dutchman told the official FCB website when asked about Douglas Costa's Bundesliga debut.

"He can sidestep his opponents and is a special weapon for us."

The former Shakhtar man himself was equally pleased with his display versus HSV, but he is not getting carried away.

"I really liked it. It was a successful start and I'm very happy that I played my part in the victory," the winger added.

"It doesn't matter where I play. The main thing for us is to win as many games as possible. That's what makes a good team.

"Everything's fantastic, my team-mates made it pretty easy for me so far. And the city is beautiful, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment