Monday 17 August 2015

Thiago Silva: I still don't know why Dunga dropped me

 Thiago Silva: I still don't know why Dunga dropped me
The defender says that he is going through a "difficult" time as he has yet to receive an explanation for his omission from the latest Brazil squad

Thiago Silva has vowed to prove his worth to Brazil after being left out the squad for September's Chevrolet Brasil Global Tour double-header with Costa Rica and USA.

The Paris Saint-Germain defender suffered injury problems following last year’s World Cup, leaving him unavailable for Brazil coach Dunga’s first squads, during which time he lost the captaincy to Neymar.

Thiago Silva also lost his place in the first team, with David Luiz and Miranda becoming Dunga’s first-choice centre-back pairing, but appeared to be back in favour after earning a recall to the starting line-up at the expense of club-mate Luiz during June’s Copa America.

Consequently, his omission from the latest Selecao panel has taken him by surprise.

“It's difficult for me,” Thiago Silva told Globo. “I still do not know why Dunga did not call me up.

“There will be five or six PSG players who will stick around during the international break.

“It will be very weird. I'm not used to it but it will motivate me even more. I have to work to find my place in the team. I am staying calm and know I am a great player.”

Thiago Silva faced criticism following Brazil's Copa America quarter-final exit to Paraguay as he handled to concede a penalty that led to a Paraguayan equaliser.

The game finished 1-1 before Brazil were eliminated on penalties.

Arsenal’s Gabriel Paulista has been drafted in as central defensive cover with PSG ace Luiz expected to return to the heart of the back four.

Former Villarreal man Gabriel was previously called up for March’s Chevrolet Brasil Global Tour matches with France and Chile, coming in as a late addition after Luiz was ruled out through injury, but is yet to make his debut for the Selecao.

No comments:

Post a Comment