Tuesday 18 February 2014

De Sciglio: I'll do everything to emulate Maldini

De Sciglio: I'll do everything to emulate Maldini
The Italian wants to create a legacy at AC Milan to rival the former defender who spent his entire career at San Siro before retiring in 2009

AC Milan youngster Mattia De Sciglio says he will give his all to replicate what Paolo Maldini achieved at San Siro.

The Italy legend spent his entire career with the Rossoneri, winning a staggering 26 club titles in the process, before retiring at the age of 40 in 2009.

De Sciglio, 21, has impressed with his maturity since coming into the first team and is eager to emulate one of his childhood heroes at the Serie A giants.

"I'll do everything possible to be like him, he has always been my idol," he told the Corriere dello Sport.

"When I was a ball boy, I was still in the tunnel. I used to wait for the players. Maldini always walked past me but I could never ask for anything, but he gave a shirt to me.

"I keep it along with a photo where I am with Cafu."

Milan face Atletico Madrid in the Champions League round of 16, and though Diego Costa's form for Diego Simeone's side has caught the eye, De Sciglio is wary of Arda Turan's potential.

"It will be a very difficult match, but anything can happen. We will give our all to embarrass our opponents," he said.

"They are very good at recovering the ball and breaking. We'll try to lose the ball as little as possible. Diego Costa and David Villa are already known.

"But Arda Turan is the one who has impressed me the most. He offers quality and quantity."

Milan's clash with Atletico Madrid at San Siro is scheduled to kick off at 20:45CET on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment